Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Ortomad aims at becoming a partner rather than a mere supplier
In 2018, Ortomad (part of the La Linea Verde group and established in 1998) is looking to extend its crops (20 hectares in tunnels), open two new agricultural centres (3,500 sq m), extend the production facility (from the current 2,500 to over 7,500 sq m) and install a 320 Kw photovoltaic plant.
With a 2017 turnover of €31.1 million (5% fresh-cut, 24% packed unwashed, 26% unwashed loose), an annual production of 14,500 tons (the core business is rocket, oriental salad, valerian, lettuce, spinach and lettuce heads) and an increased number of employees (265 in total), last year's performance is the result of the work of a team.
Thanks to the addition of new people in the foreign sales department and the appointment of Clotario Maddalo (in the photo below) as sales director, Ortomad provides more to its clients with the aim of becoming a partner rather than a mere supplier.
Clotario Maddalo, foreign sales manager
In 2017, the company exported 41% of its production to 30 countries worldwide (25% and 22 countries in 2016). Its high-quality fresh lettuce is available 12 months a year. "Ortomad has a lot of experience in the agricultural and industrial sector. Being actors rather than passive elements on the international market is the objective with which we tackle new trends and scenarios in the food sector."
"We also promote topics such as corporate social responsibility to strengthen our business, which is increasingly integrated with sustainability policies in terms of using environmental resources (water, energy and agronomic), countering climate change and reducing food waste."
"We constantly work to maintain direct relationship with our entire procurement chain so as to meet our clients' requirements. We consider them not as mere consumers but as valid co-producers. We do what we can to safeguard the environment, innovate technology and safeguard our people (human rights, gender equality, safety and professional growth)."
Ortomad is now getting ready for the next edition of Fruit Logistica, where it plans to strengthen existing relationships and establish new ones with the objective of conquering new European markets.
Ortomad will attend Fruit Logistica 2018 (7th-9th February) in Hall 4.2, Stand C-03. Visitors will be welcomed by Clotario Maddalo (foreign sales manager), Mauro Frustaci (foreign sales dept), Raffaele Maddalo (soles administrator), Gianluca Boccagna (general management) and Marzio Mazzeo (procurement manager).
Ortomad - società agricola s.r.l.
via Lago Carezza 16
84098 Pontecagnano Faiano (SA)
Tel.: +39 089 200383
Fax: +39 089 203902
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: