Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
European energy supply 2017
More energy from sustainable sources than coal for the first time ever
For the first time ever, last year more energy was obtained from sustainable sources than from coal. 12% more energy was generated from wind, solar and biomass burning installation compared to 2016. At the same time this growth is more than half due to Germany and the UK and the growth in many other countries is minimal.
Percentage of energy from sustainable sources per country. Image: EU Power Sector Report 2017 (click here to enlarge)
These are the main conclusions from a research report carried out in commission from the EU, which can be read here. A number of other, striking conclusions are: despite all the investment in sustainability the European energy usage increased by 0.7% compared to 2016. Despite measures to limit the output of CO2 it remained the same in the energy sector, and all sources considered, it even rose and the commitment made by France, the UK, the Netherlands, Italy and Portugal is made redundant by the use in Eastern European countries.
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: