Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Apple Ber farming in India picks upThe Apple Ber is originally a Thai fruit variety; its taste is sweet and also a bit sour. The fruits weigh around 150-200 grams and looks somewhat like a green apple. Traders say that’s why it is named ‘Apple Ber’. “We have planted the variety -brought in from Hyderabad- last year and now it has given a good yield, within 8 to 10 months."
According to thehansindia.com, upland counties and fallow lands located in Andhra Pradesh state are gradually turning into plantations for the Apple Ber, which is also known as ‘Indian Jujube’ or ‘Chinese Date’. Now, marketers in Nellore, Kavali, Gudur and many parts of the district are selling this green fruit, resembling the green apples in taste and texture. They are being cultivated in many counties with the support of the Horticulture Department.
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: