- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Balanced potato and onion market, below average carrot harvest
- Peru: Researchers developing potatoes resistant to disease and climate change
- Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- Ten new ‘Demain la Terre’ eco-friendly fruits and vegetables
- ''Proportion of Class 1 grade apples increased by pneumatic defoliation''
Health risks obvious
Solomon Islands: Some vegetables from Honiara are unsafe
“Vegetables like cabbage, lettuce and Chinese cabbage grown in these areas, which were sold at the market, were highly contaminated with heavy toxic metals.”
He urges the Honiara City Council to carry out a full assessment of farming activities around the dump site. The Solomon Star News reported Boboria as saying that these heavy metals are leaking from the dumpsite when it rains and talks of ash from burning debris flying up to 300 meters away from the dumpsite.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Russia: Quarantine pest found in fresh fruit from China
- 2018-11-16 Zambia street vending ban problematic for farmers
- 2018-11-16 Romaine outbreak US
- 2018-11-15 Pictsweet Farms Steam'ables Asparagus recall
- 2018-11-15 Togo to spend CFA478 million to boost its phytosanitary control and certification system
- 2018-11-15 Australian biosecurity risks minimised with new x-ray unit
- 2018-11-12 Recall at Aldi Nord: Asparagus could contain glass splinters
- 2018-11-12 Australia: Farm worker put needles in strawberries over workplace grievance
- 2018-11-12 South African fruit and veg found in Gauteng province could be dangerous
- 2018-11-09 Bulgaria: Food safety agency recalls bagged spinach
- 2018-11-09 "Arizona leafy green industry has gone to ‘unprecedented lengths’ following E.coli outbreak"
- 2018-11-08 Jordan: Safety concerns as Syrian produce floods market
- 2018-11-08 US: Food and Drug Administration to beef up mandatory food recalls
- 2018-11-08 New Zealand: 'All avenues exhausted'
- 2018-11-06 Southwest US: Lettuce growers face more test measures
- 2018-11-05 Western Canada: Five more salmonella cases linked to long English cucumbers
- 2018-11-05 "McCain officials ignored signs of Salmonella, Listeria contamination"
- 2018-11-05 Singapore reaches top of Global Food Safety List
- 2018-11-05 US farmers markets’ food safety inadequate - E. coli and Listeria abound
- 2018-11-05 Canada herb brand Culantro recalled due to Salmonella