Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Over 26 organizations present at Fruit Logistica
Peruvian exports benefit from climate and geographic locationPeru has been growing its exports the world market over the years. The Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism shared statistics showing that Peru is becoming the leading supplier of asparagus and avocados, and second largest supplier of mangoes to the UK. “Presently fruits and vegetables, cover 91% of the total Peruvian agroindustry exports to the UK market. Our constant innovation in our agro-industries together with our favoured climates and geographical location allows us to produce for most of the calendar year, which has consolidated us as a great and competitive partner in this sector”, explains Jaime Cardenas, Director.
The graph above shows that the total exports of fruits and vegetables are growing year by year. It also includes estimates for the coming years. If this significant growth continues, in 2021 it’s expected the total amount will reach 4,230 million USD.
The table above includes the top products of Peruvian fruits and vegetables in the world ranking list. This graph includes an estimate of the situation in five years time. Asparagus, avocados and mangoes keep the same position. However, blueberries, which now occupy the 7th position are projected to occupy 2nd position. Grapes and mandarins are also expected to grow in the ranking list.
Recently, a list published by AGAP lists smaller (newer) Peruvian export products. All these statistics and graphs, show that Peru as a country is increasing its importance in the worldwide Fresh produce market.
|Products||USD (FOB)||Export Destinations|
|Watermelon||3.067.087||Ecuador, Chile, The Netherlands|
|Zucchini||2.732.549||UK, Spain, Chile, The Netherlands|
|Capsicum||714.301||Italy, The Netherlands, USA, Spain|
|Custard Apple||659.865||Chile, Canada, Costa Rica|
|Fig||405.334||The Netherlands, UK, France|
|Dates||392.407||UK, France, The Netherlands, Canada|
|Passion Fruit||221.086||The Netherlands, Italy, Chile, Spain|
|Granadilla||100.630||The Netherlands, Italy, Chile, Spain|
|Blackberry & Raspberry||67.912||Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, UK|
|Goldenberries||20.237||Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, UK|
Peru is well represented during the fair. Below you will find a list of 26 organizations, which you can find in Hall 25, B45 (Peruvian pavilion).
- AG Natural Peru – Mangoes, avocados, grapes, ginger and citrus
- Agricola La Venta – Asparagus, snowpeas, grapes, blueberries, pomegranates, super snaps, peas, avocado, mangoes and tara
- Agro-Business La Grama – Organic ginger, avocados, bananas, turmeric, passion Fruit, carambola, tree tomato
- Association of Citrus producers of Peru – Mandarins, tangelos, minneolas, lemons, and oranges
- Association of Table Grape producers of Peru – table grapes
- Association of Hass Avocados of Peru – Hass avocado
- Association of Mango producers of Peru – Mango (fresh, frozen, dried)
- Consortium of Fruit Producers - Mandarines, avocados, pomegranates, grapes
- Danper Trujillo - Asparragus, Grapes, Avocados, blueberries, andean grains, frozen and canned food, andean grains.
- Pomica Peru S.A.C - Pomegranets, Packing, Warehouse Services
- Prac Agribusiness S.A.C – Ginger
- PROVID – table grapes
- Resinplast SA – packaging
- Tropical Farm SAC – Packaging
- White Lion Nuts – Fresh garlic, chestnuts, Brazil nuts
- Patt fresh – Baby fresh banana and dried babana
- Planet Cargo – Transportation
- Pacific Farms – Red globe grapes
- HardThrot – Logistic Operator
- Vison´s Peru – Blueberries
For more information, please contact Jaime Cardenas: email@example.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: