Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Curaçao finds other suppliers of fruit and vegetablesFruit and vegetable suppliers from Colombia and the Dominican Republic are currently supplying Curaçao, Aruba and Bonaire.
The product streams have been sourced from these countries now, because regular trade partner Venezuela will keep up the blockade a while longer, said the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs, Halbe Zijlstra, in the House of Representatives last Friday.
The Dutch government is preparing for blockade to last until the presidential elections in Venezuela, sometime this spring.
It is not clear how the product flows have shifted and whether Dutch trade businesses have played a role in this.
Venezuela set the blockade at the beginning of this year because it claimed the ABC Islands are doing too little against the smuggling of Venezuelan products. According to the Curacao Chronicle, Venezuela is also suffering from the blockade: especially for those districts closest to the ABC islands, the economic impact is extensive.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: