Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Lisdorfer potatoes originate in France
Germany: French potatoes are being sold as regional products through misleading labellingConsumers were duped by misleading labels on the REWE market in Dillingen, according to an article in the Saarbrücker Zeitung.
Markus Hildebrandt, a customer of the REWE store in Dillingen, had potatoes on his shopping list. The shelf with the 'Lisdorfer potatoes' -for 2.99 euros per bag- certainly appealed to his preference for regional products. However, he was doubtful, because potatoes from Lisdorf were very unusual. After intensive inspection of the product label, it became clear that the goods were only packaged in Lisdorf, but originated in France.
Following his complaint that this is a matter of misleading the consumer, REWE has changed the labels immediately.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: