Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam fruit & vegetables exports; $3.51 billion in 2017Of the $3.51 billion Vietnamese 2017 fruit and vegetable exports, fresh fruit made up 75% or $2.63 billion. However, Vietnam spent more than $1.55 billion to import vegetables and fruits, an increase of 68% over the year before.
According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Vietnam’s fruits are mostly sold in the domestic market, about 80% of total output. They are distributed mostly through traditional markets, as 90% of consumers buy their fruit there. Supermarkets and fruits shops -mostly located in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City- serve a very small proportion of consumers.
According to an english.vietnamnet.vn article, the domestic fruit market is in fact ruled by the merchants and middlemen. In general, merchants set very high selling prices to optimize their profits. Experts have urged re-organizing the distribution chain by cutting intermediary links, to ensure better profit for farmers and more reasonable selling prices for consumers.
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: