Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK customers discover 'pieces of rodent' inside
Aldi recalls 38,000 packs of frozen vegetablesAn Aldi customer from Cornwall, UK, found half a rat in her Aldi frozen vegetables. Her complaint -and the fact that the retailer received two similar complaints from Environmental Health inspectors about rats in the same batch- has prompted the store to withdraw up to 38,000 packets from its shelves.
According to The Daily Mail, the vegetables are produced by supplier Agrifreez in Saden, Belgium. Almost 40,000 were dispatched in the run up to Christmas. It is thought the rodent pieces entered the food chain with some green beans, but inspectors concluded the factory was not suffering from an infestation.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: