Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Afghanistan plans to construct 12 cold warehousesLast Sunday, the Afghan Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and Livestock announced that it will construct 12 cold storage facilities in order to support farmers and to raise their incomes across the country.
Construction of freezing facilities is a top priority for the Ministry, in order to protect fruits and vegetables. The plan is for 12 cold warehouses in different provinces each with a capacity of 500 tons. The chosen provinces are: Ghazni, Parwan, Kapisa, Takhar, Farah, Nimroz, Maidan Wardak, Logar, Faryab and Paktia provinces. They should all be finished in 2019, having a total budget of $65 million.
According to menafn.com, Afghanistan is currently exporting fruit during its production season at low prices, only to import fruit during the winter at higher prices. The construction of cold storage facilities is the only way to counter this, officials say.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: