- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Eating grapes can ward off depression, according to study
The lead researcher in this study is Giulio Maria Pasinetti, professor at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York. "The discovery of these new, natural grape-derived polyphenol compounds targeting cellular and molecular pathways associated with inflammation may provide an effective way to treat a subset of people with depression and anxiety.”
Depression is associated with a multitude of pathological processes, including inflammation of the peripheral immune system, a set of biological structures and processes in the lymph nodes and other tissues that protect against disease and abnormalities involving synapses.
However, currently available antidepressants are largely restricted to targeting the systems that regulate serotonin, dopamine, and other related neurotransmitters, and these treatments do not specifically address inflammation and synaptic problems.
India Today reports on previous research that has found that grape-derived polyphenols have some efficacy in modulating aspects of depression, yet the mechanisms of action had largely remained unknown until now.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 ‘Regular vegetable intake keeps heart healthy’
- 2018-11-16 Nutritionists point at amazing property of avocado
- 2018-11-16 New technology takes 87% of sugars out of fruit juice
- 2018-11-16 Eating green vegetables helps prevent fall injuries
- 2018-11-14 Health benefits of eating black grapes with seeds
- 2018-11-13 Resistant germs: Can raw food and lettuce be health risks?
- 2018-11-13 Fight disease with an anti-inflammatory diet
- 2018-11-13 A healthy alternative to antibiotics
- 2018-11-12 Grapefruits – 5 health benefits
- 2018-11-01 ‘There is a link between eating fruit & veg and risk of asthma and allergies”
- 2018-10-26 Hass Avocado Board participates in FNCE 2018
- 2018-10-23 Seed researcher and producer raises money in heart and stroke walks
- 2018-10-17 Who needs botox?
- 2018-10-12 The Chiquita blue sticker turns pink for a good cause!
- 2018-10-11 Omani women use cherimoya to develop remedy against hair loss
- 2018-10-11 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 2018-10-08 80% of retailers rally together to drive up veg consumption in UK
- 2018-10-02 Pumpkin donuts for Halloween
- 2018-09-25 Fruity beauty: Use of fruit in personal care products increases 10.7%
- 2018-09-19 ‘Agroecology can feed Europe pesticide-free in 2050’