Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tim van Haandel (Mulder Onions): "Uncertain period"
Who will be next on the onion market?
It has become a lot calmer on the onion market since last week. "The demand at the moment is mainly concentrated on coarse onions. Now that the sales to Senegal have dropped out, the sale of the medium sorting is a lot more mediocre," says Tim van Haandel of Mulder Onions. "We are seeing for the third year in a row that it's become a lot more difficult in the second half of the season when Senegal drops out and there is now serious replacement."
Team photo Mulder Onions
"The quality of the onions is good so far, with the exception of some problems with fusarium. All in all the differences between the parties are increasing. It's an uncertain period at the moment, in which we have to wait and see what new locations will be available. There is a container going to Brazil here and there, but not in large numbers. We also see that Ivory Coast is buying less onions after January in recent years. But there are sufficient opportunities. South Africa is informing about prices, so that's a positive sign. Israel may soon do more and there are still stable sales in the Far East. Hopefully the fair in Berlin will improve the atmosphere," concludes Tim.
Mulder Onions will be present at Fruit Logistica with a stall: Hall 3.2 - A09.
Click here to view the website
For more information:
Mulder Onions BV
6464 CP Kerkrade (The Netherlands)
T +31 (0) 45 567 8700
F +31 (0) 45 567 8708
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: