Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uvasdoce to increase its seedless grape production by 40%The company Uvasdoce, based in the Spanish municipality of Monforte del Cid, will be showcasing its new seedless grape varieties at Fruit Logistica, where it will also present a new farm that will enter production in 2019. Some of these new varieties are already part of the Uvasdoce project "Nuestras Imprescindibles" ("Our Essentials"), which the producer, exporter and importer is using to highlight a characteristic of each of them in a fun way as a way to promote them to all audiences.
Also, in its firm commitment to varietal reconversion, not only will it increase its total volume with more seedless varieties, but some of its plots devoted to traditional grapes with seed will be converted for new varieties. Moreover, this year, Uvasdoce will have a greater production of apyrene grapes than of grapes with seed for the first time.
It will thus consolidate the growth of its own production in recent years, mostly thanks to having dived into the best seedless variety programs. In addition to this increase in the production volume, the company also expanded its facilities for the second time since their inauguration in 2009. After setting up a new cold store, with several pre-cooling tunnels and refrigerated chambers, Uvasdoce expanded the packing area with another 1,000 square metres, which feature a third punnet packaging line for the company MARCO, one of the most modern on the market, which has helped it double its productive capacity.
At Fruit Logistica, Uvasdoce will seek to consolidate itself as one of the leading Spanish producers of seedless grapes, maintaining the clients with whom it has been working in recent years, as well as searching for new markets, destinations and customers.
You can visit Uvasdoce at Hall 11.2, stand B-02q.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: