- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Seneca Foods completes the acquisition of Burnette Foods maraschino cherry business
“Burnette maraschino business has a history of providing quality maraschino cherry products to their customers. We are very excited about this acquisition as it is a nice complementary fit with Seneca’s existing cherry business,” stated Kraig Kayser, Seneca Foods' President and CEO.
“We are pleased to be able to sell our maraschino business to a high quality food producer as is Seneca. Maraschinos are a small part of our total sales and this transaction will enhance our ability to concentrate on our core business lines of shelf stable fruit fillings, apple products, vegetables and juices. We will continue to explore new products for our existing red tart and dark sweet cherry offerings,” according to William R. Sherman, CEO of Burnette Foods, Inc.
Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about management’s beliefs or expectations, are forward looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act (PSLRA) of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and contingencies which may cause actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from anticipated results, performance, or achievements. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include those set forth in Seneca Foods Corporation’s filings with the SEC, including the disclosure under the heading “Risk Factors” in Seneca Foods’ Annual Report on Form 10-K. There can be no assurance that the merger will close on the expected schedule or that the merger will be consummated at all. We are under no obligation to update or alter our forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For more information:
Seneca Foods Corporation
Timothy J. Benjamin, Chief Financial Officer
Tel.: +1 315-926-8100
Burnette Foods, Inc.
John E. Pelizzari, COO
Tel.: +1 231-264-8116
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 "Stable retail for imported kiwi fruit in Taiwanese market"
- 2018-11-16 Costa announces agreement for acquisition of Nangiloc Colignan farm
- 2018-11-15 "Good step taken by opening our own warehouse"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Agrofruit goes into liquidation
- 2018-11-15 MSC, A.P. Moller – Maersk, CMA CGM, Hapag-Lloyd and Ocean Network to establish container shipping association
- 2018-11-14 Carrefour guarantees freshness of fruit and vegetables
- 2018-11-14 Opening of store "Les Comptoirs de la Bio" on Reunion Island
- 2018-11-14 HHLA exceeds last year's high level
- 2018-11-14 Two promotions for healthy snacks and salads company
- 2018-11-14 New chapter opens up for Canadian microgreen growers
- 2018-11-14 UK company expands further into South Africa
- 2018-11-14 China: "The ROI of projects is more important than ever"
- 2018-11-13 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-11-13 Kiremko appoints General Sales Manager
- 2018-11-13 Vergro celebrates its 50th anniversary
- 2018-11-13 Mercato ortofrutticolo di Lusia: Slow exchanges and oscillating prices in October
- 2018-11-13 "We are going to have more kilos of tomatoes and new varieties"
- 2018-11-13 Lidl Poland launches promotion to encourage healthy eating
- 2018-11-13 Village Farms reports 11% decrease in sales
- 2018-11-13 New dynamic in South Africa for Agro Sélections Fruits