Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Seneca Foods completes the acquisition of Burnette Foods maraschino cherry businessSeneca Foods Corporation (“Seneca”) (NASDAQ:SENEA) (NASDAQ:SENEB) and Burnette Foods, Inc. (“Burnette”) announced today that Seneca has completed the acquisition of Burnette’s maraschino cherry business. This business is based in Traverse City, Michigan and allows Seneca to supplement its existing maraschino operations and Burnette to enhance its core business.
“Burnette maraschino business has a history of providing quality maraschino cherry products to their customers. We are very excited about this acquisition as it is a nice complementary fit with Seneca’s existing cherry business,” stated Kraig Kayser, Seneca Foods' President and CEO.
“We are pleased to be able to sell our maraschino business to a high quality food producer as is Seneca. Maraschinos are a small part of our total sales and this transaction will enhance our ability to concentrate on our core business lines of shelf stable fruit fillings, apple products, vegetables and juices. We will continue to explore new products for our existing red tart and dark sweet cherry offerings,” according to William R. Sherman, CEO of Burnette Foods, Inc.
Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about management’s beliefs or expectations, are forward looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act (PSLRA) of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and contingencies which may cause actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from anticipated results, performance, or achievements. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include those set forth in Seneca Foods Corporation’s filings with the SEC, including the disclosure under the heading “Risk Factors” in Seneca Foods’ Annual Report on Form 10-K. There can be no assurance that the merger will close on the expected schedule or that the merger will be consummated at all. We are under no obligation to update or alter our forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For more information:
Seneca Foods Corporation
Timothy J. Benjamin, Chief Financial Officer
Tel.: +1 315-926-8100
Burnette Foods, Inc.
John E. Pelizzari, COO
Tel.: +1 231-264-8116
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: