- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Ocean Spray Cranberries reaches agreement to purchase cranberry operations in Quebec
"This is a strong investment for Ocean Spray and our 700 Farmer-Owners," said Ocean Spray CEO Randy Papadellis. "Ocean Spray's brand strength and global marketing reach, coupled with Atoka's unique product portfolio and location, will benefit all of our Farmers and expand the reach of the overall Quebec cranberry industry."
In addition to acquiring the Atoka brand and processing facility, Ocean Spray intends to purchase The Bieler Group's freezer and receiving facilities in the coming year. The Cooperative also intends to make additional capital investments in these facilities to further increase efficiency and improve yield. The Bieler Group will retain its world-class cranberry growing operations and become a Farmer-Owner of the Ocean Spray Cooperative.
Atoka's approximately 130 employees will become part of the Ocean Spray manufacturing network, which includes five food plants located in Massachusetts, Wisconsin, Washington, and Lanco, Chile as well as four beverage facilities in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Nevada.
"The employees of Atoka and Ocean Spray share a similar culture of quality and customer focus, as well as a unique dedication to increasing demand for cranberries," said Marc Bieler, Chairman and CEO of The Bieler Group. "Bringing together these two businesses is exciting and we look forward to joining Ocean Spray as a Farmer-Owner."
"This acquisition comes exactly 60 years after Quebec growers first joined the Ocean Spray Cooperative in 1958," added Papadellis. "Our Farmer-Owners have a long and proud history in Eastern Canada, and partnering with Bieler Cranberries, true pioneers of the Quebec cranberry industry, is a very exciting way to begin the next 60 years."
For more information:
Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/23/2018 Paul van der Beek is Fresh Care Convenience's new Branch Director
- 10/23/2018 Maap goes to Madrid to meet the world
- 10/23/2018 Florette showcases its products at Fruit Attraction 2018
- 10/23/2018 "Only specialists and professionals will survive in the kaki business"
- 10/23/2018 Produce focused marketing and PR agency expands with new hires
- 10/23/2018 Decline in turnover and profits for Rijk Zwaan
- 10/23/2018 UNITEC's technology in the running for ACCELERA Awards
- 10/22/2018 Chiquita opens doors of banana ripening plant
- 10/22/2018 Dutch ambassador opens Algerian potato storage facility
- 10/22/2018 Chainn will be operational from November 1st
- 10/22/2018 Pace International launches new edible fruit coating
- 10/22/2018 AVEVA partners with TOMRA to lead 'digital transformation of fresh produce industry'
- 10/22/2018 HelloFresh acquires Canadian meal kit company Chefs Plate
- 10/19/2018 PMA CEO Burns’ State of the industry
- 10/19/2018 "There is no doubt that resistant varieties are the future"
- 10/19/2018 Mixed loads increasingly popular
- 10/19/2018 KÖLLA UK newly empowered
- 10/19/2018 Label manufacturer launches new brand and website
- 10/19/2018 Whole Leaf is ready to grow with a new President
- 10/19/2018 Schoeller Allibert appoints Ludo Gielen as new CEO