- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Zimbabwe & China sign a 45,000 tonnes oranges export deal
In a statement, ZimTrade said a four-member delegation led by Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Lands, Agriculture and Rural Resettlement, Mr Ringson Chitsiko, sealed the deal in December of last year. "The delegation was pleased by the readiness of Chinese buyers to purchase 45,000 tonnes of Zimbabwean oranges annually. The trip followed a visit from Chinese officials who approved the quality of Zimbabwean oranges for the Chinese market and was facilitated by the Chinese Embassy in Zimbabwe and the China Industrial International Group Zimbabwe (CIIGZ), which supports local businesses to access China's US$23 trillion economy.”
According to bulawayo24.com, ZimTrade Matabeleland regional manager Similo Nkala -who was part of the delegation- said the market value of 45,000 tonnes of oranges is in the region of US$18 million.
China spent US$242 million importing citrus in 2016, a 45% increase from 2012. These figures and the fact that Zimbabwe has different harvesting seasons to China and other potential citrus buyers should prompt the country to develop a deliberate strategy to increase citrus production.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 First Oronule clementines arrive in UK this weekend
- 10/19/2018 OP Red CoP starts the Limone Primofiore marketing campaign
- 10/19/2018 "The harvest schedule of Spanish citrus could change in the future"
- 10/19/2018 Spain: "Citrus fruits overcome productive dip of previous campaign"
- 10/19/2018 China: Guang'an lemon exports to Indonesia for the first time
- 10/19/2018 China drives record season for Australian citrus growers
- 10/18/2018 Sunkist launching marketing programs
- 10/18/2018 US: Citrus canker spreads through Louisiana
- 10/17/2018 "Going for China without good planning just because it pays well is very risky"
- 10/17/2018 Texas grapefruit grower launches new trade newsletter
- 10/17/2018 Citrus shipper launches limited edition label for Florida citrus
- 10/17/2018 US: Asian citrus psyllids found in Kern County
- 10/16/2018 Late Southern Hemisphere mandarins pushing Spain's earliest ones away from the market
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Good prospects in terms of volume for Castellon's citrus fruits
- 10/16/2018 China: Price differential between domestic and imported fruit shrinking
- 10/16/2018 China: Shiyan mandarins on the market in the next two weeks
- 10/16/2018 North American lemon supplies return to normal
- 10/15/2018 USDA Citrus forecast October
- 10/15/2018 Australian orange exports increasing
- 10/15/2018 Citrus Research Board announces interim president