Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Aldi constructs 2,000 blocks of flats in Berlin
Last week, on Wednesday, Aldi announced they’re going to build about 2,000 blocks of flats in Berlin, Germany. The ground floor of each these blocks will house an Aldi.
In total, the German supermarket chain is looking at 30 different locations for building. There’s much demand for housing in Berlin, and this will only increase over the years. The government is therefore encouraging supermarket chains to construct blocks of flats.
Aldi’s motivation is that building blocks of flats makes it easier to get permits. The chain would like larger shops in order to offer more products to consumers.
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: