Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Indian Government removes cap on onion export pricesJust one day after Finance Minister Arun Jaitley stressed the need for promoting exports of agricultural commodities in the Indian Budget, the Commerce Ministry announced it had removed the minimum export price (MEP) on onions.
Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu tweeted: “The requirement of a Minimum Export Price (MEP) on exported onions has been removed. All varieties of onions can now be exported. We are taking all measures to promote exporting agricultural products.”
Apart from emphasising the need for promoting agri exports, Jaitley announced ‘Operation Greens’, a ₹5 billion (63 mln euros) scheme to improve the year-round availability of staple vegetables such as onions, potatoes and tomatoes.
According to thehindubusinessline.com, first horticultural production estimates from the national Agriculture Ministry -dated last month- projected the 2017-2018 onion production to be 21.4 million tonnes, about 1 million tonnes less than previous year’s production.
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: