Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
TÜV Süd opens test laboratory for artificial plant lighting in ChinaTÜV SÜD is reacting to a global trend with a new testing laboratory for artificial plant lighting: The cultivation of vegetables, fruit and flowering plants under exactly controllable environmental conditions is becoming more and more important in view of the growing world population. This is especially true for China, the most populous country in the world. At the Shenzhen site near the Hong Kong border, TÜV SÜD opened the Horticulture Lighting Laboratory, one of the first such facilities worldwide.
The new specialist laboratory of TÜV SÜD offers comprehensive services at the interdisciplinary interface between food production and product safety for manufacturers of light bulbs and lamps for plants as well as users of corresponding lighting systems. Thus, a wide range of test procedures for the safety and performance of the electrical appliances under investigation ensure that they demonstrably and reliably meet all regulatory requirements in the USA, the European Union and other international markets.
In addition, the TÜV SÜD experts at the Horticulture Lighting Laboratory can carry out further customer-specific tests, for example with regard to the service life and safety of the products examined. In addition, the systematic and comparative studies allow a meaningful assessment of the effect of different lighting systems and lighting solutions on the growth of selected plants.
Source: TÜV Süd
Source: TÜV Süd
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: