- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- China: Guang'an lemon exports to Indonesia for the first time
- Growers in Morocco and Spain moving away from tomatoes
- Ecuador: No agreement on the price of a box of bananas for 2019
- Adora returns to Fruit Attraction Madrid with big changes
- Obeikan MDF takes its tenth anniversary celebrations to Madrid
Eqraft embraces Industry 4.0
Smart factories have machines to take over labor-intensive activities
Improving the Eqrader for optimal onion sorting
The Eqrader can sort onions quickly and automatically by internal and external inspection of quality, shape, weight and color – it can even detect rot. Over the past year, the first advancements have been made: mechanical improvements, such as a more streamlined V-band and tilt section, but also developments in the neural network. This self-learning system classifies onions according to quality characteristics. The first test results were positive and Eqraft is currently further improving the software.
Maximum flexibility for MSP Onions with Eqontrol
At this moment, Eqraft and the other Onion Tech Alliance members are realizing a brand new, innovative and fully sustainable onion factory from the ground up for MSP Onions at the Dutch coast. MSP wanted a significant quality improvement of their onions without increasing the costs per kilo, full traceability of their products, and work flow automation.
Thanks to the overarching software layer that lets all machines communicate (Eqontrol), a single click is enough to rebuild an entire production line. Because of the modular set-up, production can be easily adapted according to demand. Furthermore, the factory will be fully CO2 neutral.
Traditionally, labeling bags is a process that needs lots of manual labor: from hanging the bags on the machine to be filled to changing tapes. This leads to unnecessary delay. Also, the tickets attached to the bag can easily tear off, causing logistical problems. Together with LC Packaging, Eqraft developed a flexible bag printing system that lets you print contactless and directly onto the bag without needing to change tape, tickets or ink ribbons. Changes can be made real-time in a user-friendly interface.
OTA Partners at Fruit Logistica Berlin
Eqraft will be exhibiting together with its partners from the Onion Tech Alliance: Modesta (air filtering), Deprez (product handling) and Symach (palletizers) at Fruit Logistica Berlin, February 7-9. You can find them in Hall 7.1A, booth A-04. Be sure to join the Thursday afternoon celebration and drinks!
For more information:
Norman “Snap” Keene (U.S.)
Harm Geurs (North America)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Unitec Group at PMA Fresh Summit 2018
- 10/19/2018 American robotic farming system could be the answer to labor shortages
- 10/18/2018 New pear sorting line for Houtekamer Fruit
- 10/17/2018 Inventory management: APRO.CON offers complete solutions from a single source
- 10/17/2018 Demand for walnut sorting is growing
- 10/17/2018 BrimaPack delivers new generation in transplanting equipment
- 10/16/2018 Automotive technology used in asparagus harvesting machine
- 10/15/2018 China: JD uses maglev technology in express delivery packaging
- 10/12/2018 Automation is the future of asparagus
- 10/12/2018 Automated harvesting options to combat labor shortages
- 10/11/2018 Ocado - The factory of tomorrow?
- 10/04/2018 Will America's future farmers be robots?
- 10/01/2018 'Visar Sortop Potatoes' enables pinpoint calibration, sorting and weighing
- 09/28/2018 Renting driverless tractors means less work for Indian Farmers
- 09/27/2018 Small cardboard trays and punnets for sustainable packaging, transport and presentation
- 09/27/2018 Modern vegetable choppers available online
- 09/26/2018 Compac continues to grow in Peru
- 09/21/2018 US: Glei’s apple orchard tries new tech
- 09/19/2018 Idaho onion producer chooses an optical grading line for new packing station
- 09/14/2018 Vanmark announces new facility in India