Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Eqraft embraces Industry 4.0
Smart factories have machines to take over labor-intensive activitiesIn “smart factories” machines take over labor-intensive activities, communicate with each other, and can be controlled and monitored - anytime and anywhere. A preview of the latest solutions and projects from Eqraft for complete factory automation which they will be presenting at Fruit Logistica Berlin next week.
Improving the Eqrader for optimal onion sorting
The Eqrader can sort onions quickly and automatically by internal and external inspection of quality, shape, weight and color – it can even detect rot. Over the past year, the first advancements have been made: mechanical improvements, such as a more streamlined V-band and tilt section, but also developments in the neural network. This self-learning system classifies onions according to quality characteristics. The first test results were positive and Eqraft is currently further improving the software.
Maximum flexibility for MSP Onions with Eqontrol
At this moment, Eqraft and the other Onion Tech Alliance members are realizing a brand new, innovative and fully sustainable onion factory from the ground up for MSP Onions at the Dutch coast. MSP wanted a significant quality improvement of their onions without increasing the costs per kilo, full traceability of their products, and work flow automation.
Thanks to the overarching software layer that lets all machines communicate (Eqontrol), a single click is enough to rebuild an entire production line. Because of the modular set-up, production can be easily adapted according to demand. Furthermore, the factory will be fully CO2 neutral.
Traditionally, labeling bags is a process that needs lots of manual labor: from hanging the bags on the machine to be filled to changing tapes. This leads to unnecessary delay. Also, the tickets attached to the bag can easily tear off, causing logistical problems. Together with LC Packaging, Eqraft developed a flexible bag printing system that lets you print contactless and directly onto the bag without needing to change tape, tickets or ink ribbons. Changes can be made real-time in a user-friendly interface.
OTA Partners at Fruit Logistica Berlin
Eqraft will be exhibiting together with its partners from the Onion Tech Alliance: Modesta (air filtering), Deprez (product handling) and Symach (palletizers) at Fruit Logistica Berlin, February 7-9. You can find them in Hall 7.1A, booth A-04. Be sure to join the Thursday afternoon celebration and drinks!
For more information:
Norman “Snap” Keene (U.S.)
Harm Geurs (North America)
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: