- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
- Singapore durian prices dropping and expected to dip further
- Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- "More and more Moroccan growers switch due to good demand for organic"
- US (CA): Microgreens grower has been supplying restaurants for two decades
- Russia: Quarantine pest found in fresh fruit from China
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Eqraft embraces Industry 4.0
Smart factories have machines to take over labor-intensive activities
Improving the Eqrader for optimal onion sorting
The Eqrader can sort onions quickly and automatically by internal and external inspection of quality, shape, weight and color – it can even detect rot. Over the past year, the first advancements have been made: mechanical improvements, such as a more streamlined V-band and tilt section, but also developments in the neural network. This self-learning system classifies onions according to quality characteristics. The first test results were positive and Eqraft is currently further improving the software.
Maximum flexibility for MSP Onions with Eqontrol
At this moment, Eqraft and the other Onion Tech Alliance members are realizing a brand new, innovative and fully sustainable onion factory from the ground up for MSP Onions at the Dutch coast. MSP wanted a significant quality improvement of their onions without increasing the costs per kilo, full traceability of their products, and work flow automation.
Thanks to the overarching software layer that lets all machines communicate (Eqontrol), a single click is enough to rebuild an entire production line. Because of the modular set-up, production can be easily adapted according to demand. Furthermore, the factory will be fully CO2 neutral.
Traditionally, labeling bags is a process that needs lots of manual labor: from hanging the bags on the machine to be filled to changing tapes. This leads to unnecessary delay. Also, the tickets attached to the bag can easily tear off, causing logistical problems. Together with LC Packaging, Eqraft developed a flexible bag printing system that lets you print contactless and directly onto the bag without needing to change tape, tickets or ink ribbons. Changes can be made real-time in a user-friendly interface.
OTA Partners at Fruit Logistica Berlin
Eqraft will be exhibiting together with its partners from the Onion Tech Alliance: Modesta (air filtering), Deprez (product handling) and Symach (palletizers) at Fruit Logistica Berlin, February 7-9. You can find them in Hall 7.1A, booth A-04. Be sure to join the Thursday afternoon celebration and drinks!
For more information:
Norman “Snap” Keene (U.S.)
Harm Geurs (North America)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Revolutionary packing machine unveiled at Interpoma
- 2018-11-15 Robots are invading the agriculture industry
- 2018-11-15 Sorting machine for frozen chips presented at Interpom 2018
- 2018-11-15 New Zealand: Yamaha puts $12 million into Robotics Plus
- 2018-11-14 New machine helps when harvesting green asparagus
- 2018-11-14 ''Proportion of Class 1 grade apples increased by pneumatic defoliation''
- 2018-11-14 China: Vegetable vending machines take root in Shanghai
- 2018-11-13 Burro helper robot Increases productivity by 20 to 30%
- 2018-11-13 Efficient storing and presentation option for loose and ready-made goods at POS
- 2018-11-08 Banana Ripening Centre provides a critical service to South African farmers
- 2018-11-08 70 years of metal detection in Aachen
- 2018-11-05 New measuring system for sugar content: "98% accurate and starting to show benefits"
- 2018-11-02 AI is already changing agricultural landscape
- 2018-11-01 Labor challenges in sweet potatoes
- 2018-10-31 Dutch technology to reuse 100% of fruit and veg washing water
- 2018-10-31 Gold medal for the technology Blueberry Vision 2
- 2018-10-30 Hepro offers peeling machine for extra-large asparagus
- 2018-10-30 “The asparagus sector is choosing efficiency”
- 2018-10-30 Raynbow and Bellavista: Raytec Vision technology for potatoes and baby-leaf
- 2018-10-29 Raynbow and Bellavista: the Raytec Vision solution for potatoes and baby-leaves