Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Trans-Pacific Partnership could be signed at beginning of MarchA new and improved Trans-Pacific Partnership is going forward -without the United States- as the other original members of the accord hashed out their differences in January. A new free-trade pact will probably be signed as early as March.
The new agreement is rebranded as the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership. It is coming about one year after president Trump said the U.S. would drop out.
An Apparelnews.net article states that with the new negotiations, Trump claims he might be willing to join the new trade accord if the United States were able to make a better deal with the 11 Pacific Rim countries that are part of what is now called CPTPP. Still, Trump insists he is more inclined to make bilateral trade deals because they can be terminated more easily if they go sour.
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: