Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Planasa has new CEO for its subsidiary in HollandThe Planasa company, in its quest to strengthen its commercial activity and to develop new varieties in the north and east of Europe, has just welcomed Jorrit de Vries as the new CEO of Planasa Holland. With over 25 years of experience in the sector, Jorrit has a far-reaching career in the red berries business.
One of the targets within Planasa’s strategic plan for the coming years is to expand its nursery business to the north and east of Europe, an area in which its activity currently focuses on strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and asparagus. To do this, it has nursery and agricultural operations in strategic parts of Europe and Morocco, as well as a network of Research and Development centres positioned within the most representative markets. Jorrit’s background in the fruit and vegetable sector, in particular in red berries, will be critical to the achievement of this objective.
Throughout his vast trajectory, Jorrit has acquired broad experience in the different phases of the business value chain: the production of fruit, the technical management of berry nurseries, and the subsequent commercialisation of the plants. Recently he has also been working as a consultant for agricultural farmers in different countries regarding the cultivation of red berries.
“For us, his position is fundamental because it concerns a strategic area for Planasa where we see great opportunities for the company, and in which, year on year, we will increase our presence so we can offer varieties and types of plants that really attract the attention of our clients”, assures Alexandre Pierron-Darbonne, President of Planasa.
For more information: planasa.com
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: