- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- France: Financial support for organic farming is lagging behind
- Morrisons to sell giant 1kg avocado that weighs the same as an EMU EGG
- "We expect even more growth in mandarins for next season"
- China: Relatively good market prospects for Jinqiu Shatang tangerines
- Peru researches export prospects of mandarins, chilis, and blueberries
Enormous pineapple on auction for Sands charity
Coral-Leah Kemp from Cairns nurtured the formidable fruit, which has had its own Instagram account, for years. The oddly-shaped pineapple took two years to grow and weighs 6.8 kg. This week it was picked, in order to auction it off for charity.
Miss Kemp works as the program director for the annual charity event Ride for Isabel, which raises money for Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Support (Sands). "It's certainly a unique thing to auction off, but the opportunity to raise much needed funds was too good to pass up.”
Bridget Sutherland from Sands’ Melbourne headquarters was impressed by the unique fundraising idea. "One of the biggest problems for people who have suffered the loss of a baby is feeling isolated. So having images like this in their social media networks has helped addresses that isolation."
Radioaustralia.net.au reports that in far north Queensland, pineapple are going for $2.29 per kg. So the giant fruit would sell for about $15.50 if sold at market price. But online bids have already surpassed that amount many times, having moved into the hundreds of dollars.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-14 "We have been able to reconcile the parts that make up this great industry"
- 2018-11-14 Colombian exotic fruits for European markets
- 2018-11-14 Zespri extending its season of SunGold kiwifruit
- 2018-11-14 Easy peel avocado launched in the UK
- 2018-11-14 Indian pomegranate exports likely to run into trade roadblocks
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Fig exports have surpassed 300 million USD
- 2018-11-14 New Zealand case: International rip-off or innocent abroad?
- 2018-11-13 Mexico: Avocado producers on strike due to lower prices
- 2018-11-13 Ecuador can export tree tomatoes to the United States
- 2018-11-13 Good expectations for the export of fresh soursop from Ecuador
- 2018-11-13 NZ: Kiwifruit orchards being sold, Seeka selling $16 million worth of orchards
- 2018-11-13 Persimmon drying season in Japan: What a view
- 2018-11-09 Italy: Fresh pineapples from the DR thanks to air transportation
- 2018-11-09 Photo Report: Visit to French kiwi and kiwi berry growers
- 2018-11-09 Colombia: "We are increasing gulupa exports for Christmas"
- 2018-11-09 Ghana: Mango farmers unhappy with treatment by Exim Bank
- 2018-11-09 Harvesting season for Turkish pomegranates ending, weather has caused issues
- 2018-11-08 Reunion Island: expansion of the Victoria pineapple
- 2018-11-08 More international demand for produce from Saint Lucia
- 2018-11-08 Mexico: The avocado from Michoacan could miss the Super Bowl