Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Over 123,000 unlicensed blueberry plants seized
The Guardia Civil has seized over 123,000 blueberry plants that several companies had cultivated in the province of Huelva without the necessary license and is investigating twelve people for an alleged violation against industrial property.
In the operation called "Emerald Red", an important investigation has been carried out in relation to the unlicensed possession, reproduction and multiplication of blueberry plant varieties, which are protected under a company license. The operation has been carried out between the months of May 2017 and January 2018.
In total, ten farms have been inspected, resulting in the seizure of 123,479 blueberry plants of different varieties.
The seized plants could have reached an approximate value of 978,000 Euro.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: