Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Covent Garden Market, London
Premier fresh produce market UK predicts 2018’s trendsWhile last year we saw the rise of purple vegetables -from cauliflower to Brussel’s sprouts-, in 2018 the trend will be black; everything from black radishes, black corn and dark kale.
New Covent Garden Market has unveiled these hotly tipped trends as part of its annual Fruit and Vegetable Trends Report 2018, based on an in-depth survey of its 100 plus specialist resident traders.
Black produce, including a South American sweetcorn variety, aged garlic with umami flavour, radishes and Shetland Black Potatoes all received a check as traders reflected on how dark hued produce has seen growth in demand from some of the capital’s most revered restauranteurs.
Meanwhile, according to hospitalityandcateringnews.com, the produce which saw the biggest uplift in sales in 2017 was kale of all varieties, followed by berries -golden raspberries, snow white strawberries, green strawberries and pink blueberries-, sweet potatoes and other specialist potato variants and Datterini/San Marzano tomatoes.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: