Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Romania: Network devoted to money laundering in fruit and veg trade dismantled
Eight searches carried out in Bucharest and in the Calarasi, Ilfov and Giurgiu counties helped dismantle a network committing tax evasion and money laundering in the fruit and vegetable trade.
According to the Bucharest General Police Directorate (DGPMB), the investigation was carried out by officers of the Economic Crime Investigation Service, under the supervision of the prosecutors within the Prosecutor's Office attached to the Bucharest Tribunal.
"In fact, from the evidence revealed so far, it is clear that, during the period 2012-2013, representatives of a trading company with headquarters in Bucharest, which was mainly devoted to the wholesale trade of fruit and vegetables, recorded and declared figures in its accounting records that did not reflect real operations from ghost-trading companies (...) for the purpose of circumventing tax obligations and causing the state budget a loss of approximately 2,200,000 lei (about 473,287 Euro)," said the press release.
In order to hide the illicit origin of the tax evasion proceeds, the representatives of the trading company successively transferred a total of approximately 5,500,000 lei (about 1.18 million Euro). This money was used for fictitious purchases and the amounts were previously withdrawn in cash with bank cards.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: