Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
23.6 thousand tonnes of mandarins exported by Georgia
The citrus harvest season has come to an end in Georgia, which has exported about 23.6 thousand tonnes of mandarins this season, as reported by the website of the Ministry of Agriculture of Adjara.
Georgian mandarins were sold to Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Lithuania, Poland and Qatar.
It should be noted that about 28 thousand tonnes of mandarins were exported from Georgia during the 2016-2017 season.
Aiming to supply the export market with a competitive and high-quality citrus, up to 30 companies handled the sorting and packing this season.
Also, in the framework of the project to promote the use of mandarins intended for industrial processing, canneries accepted and processed more than 8.3 thousand tonnes of the fruit.
In the current season, as in the previous campaign, the state provided assistance to producers, granting state subsidies for non-standard mandarins.
Companies that purchased mandarins intended for industrial processing for 0.2 lari (about 0.08 dollars) per kilo received a state subsidy of 0.1 lari (about 0.4 dollars) per kilo from the Agricultural Projects Management Agency.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: