Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ukraine: Tomato exports in 2017 at lowest level in 10 years
In 2017, Ukraine has sharply reduced its presence in the international tomato market, informs APK-Inform: Vegetables and Fruits citing official data.
According to customs reports, in 2017 Ukraine exported only 21 thousand tonnes, which is 41% less than a year ago and is a record low for the last 10 years.
At the same time, industry experts point out that Ukraine has significantly reduced its supply to all major export markets. For instance, shipments to Belarus, which in the past three years had been the main importer of Ukrainian tomatoes, dropped by 41% and amounted to just 17.6 thousand tonnes.
Among the European countries, the main export destination has traditionally been Poland; however, the export of Ukrainian tomatoes to this market in 2017 fell by 36% and stood at 1.8 thousand tonnes.
In total, the Ukraine managed to export slightly more than 3 thousand tonnes of tomatoes to the EU last year, which is 21% less than in 2016.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: