Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Lychee season comes to a close
Lychee consumption on the European market is coming to a close as the last sales of lychees from Madagascar end this week. The South African season started late and commercialisation will continue with smaller, decreasing quantities.
A price decrease can be noted on all markets with low prices applied to the more fragile merchandise. Lychees from Madagascar are negotiated for about €1.801-€3/kilo and South African lychees between €2-€3.75/kilo.
Between the 22-26 January, sales and prices decreased in Germany, however they increased slightly in Belgium. France is the main market for lychees from Madagascar and the season is progressively coming to an end. Good quality stock has almost all been sold.
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: