Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Lychee season comes to a close
Lychee consumption on the European market is coming to a close as the last sales of lychees from Madagascar end this week. The South African season started late and commercialisation will continue with smaller, decreasing quantities.
A price decrease can be noted on all markets with low prices applied to the more fragile merchandise. Lychees from Madagascar are negotiated for about €1.801-€3/kilo and South African lychees between €2-€3.75/kilo.
Between the 22-26 January, sales and prices decreased in Germany, however they increased slightly in Belgium. France is the main market for lychees from Madagascar and the season is progressively coming to an end. Good quality stock has almost all been sold.
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: