Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Venezuela exported 150,000 tons of citrus in 2017
According to Miguel Silva, the President of the Venezuelan Chamber of Exporters (Cavex), in 2017 Venezuelan companies managed to export a total of 150,000 tons of citrus fruits and derived products worth 1 billion dollars.
"We managed to export 150,000 tons of citrus products between concentrates and packaged products that have been transported to Eastern Europe. Last year, sales amounted to 1 billion dollars, and 20% of those currencies should have been paid to the country," Silva said during an interview with Venezolana de Televisión.
He also said that Cavex currently maintains a traceability with the Vice Presidency of Economy so that the companies return to the country the currencies coming from the export. To achieve this, he proposed the creation of a National Superintendence of Monitoring and Control of Exports.
"We leverage our proposal in international visits with geopolitical allies and new destinations for exports, such as Turkey, Iran, Russia and more Eastern European countries, since they do not directly affect the financial blockade," he added.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: