Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Venezuela exported 150,000 tons of citrus in 2017
According to Miguel Silva, the President of the Venezuelan Chamber of Exporters (Cavex), in 2017 Venezuelan companies managed to export a total of 150,000 tons of citrus fruits and derived products worth 1 billion dollars.
"We managed to export 150,000 tons of citrus products between concentrates and packaged products that have been transported to Eastern Europe. Last year, sales amounted to 1 billion dollars, and 20% of those currencies should have been paid to the country," Silva said during an interview with Venezolana de Televisión.
He also said that Cavex currently maintains a traceability with the Vice Presidency of Economy so that the companies return to the country the currencies coming from the export. To achieve this, he proposed the creation of a National Superintendence of Monitoring and Control of Exports.
"We leverage our proposal in international visits with geopolitical allies and new destinations for exports, such as Turkey, Iran, Russia and more Eastern European countries, since they do not directly affect the financial blockade," he added.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: