Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Mourning Hans Peter HoffmannEmployees of the KÖLLA Group mourn the loss of their former partner, Hans Peter Hoffmann, who passed away on 28.01.2018 at the age of 85.
As a young, destitute man, post-war turmoil led him from Wroclaw to Dusseldorf, where he found work on the wholesale market at Menze. He quickly understood the trade in fruit and vegetables, so that other companies became aware of the successful industry newcomer. In 1958 he was commissioned by the Swiss import agency KÖLLA & Co to open a trading office in Germany. And Hans Peter Hoffmann took advantage of this opportunity. With much diligence and passion, he expanded the German KÖLLA office in Düsseldorf and in the following years, together with Günter Drenker, became an important fruit and vegetable marketer in Germany.
In 1967 he was appointed full partner of the KÖLLA Group and henceforth, together with his partners, managed the fortunes of the Swiss KÖLLA Group. From 1991 until his retirement in 1997, Mr. Hoffmann successively handed over the management to his young partners, whose development and career he significantly influenced.
He demonstrated his passion and conviction to trade good and healthy products, and held numerous functions in the industry as a founding member of the 5-day organization. After leaving the company, he followed the further successful development of the KÖLLA Group and the changes in the fruit and vegetable trade with great interest.
In Hans Peter Hoffmann the KÖLLA Group is losing a man to whom later generations gladly oriented themselves. His correct and respectful behavior towards customers and suppliers, his open ear for the questions and problems of his employees as well as his dedication and his diligence will always remain in our memory.
The employees and management of the KÖLLA Group
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: