- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- China: Online trade of fresh produce increased by 23.5% in first half of 2018
- Spain: Seedless grape producers still waiting for Chinese phytosanitary protocol
- Citrus Research Board announces interim president
- Is a mushroom shortage looming in Belgium?
- Turkish producers switching from tomatoes and peppers to pitaya
Top 5 -last week
- Seeka takes a win at Tauranga Business Awards 2018
- Morocco/Spain: Increase in the number of Moroccan seasonal workers in Andalusia
- South Africa: Citrus farmers complain about lack of water licenses
- Australian cherry growers expecting to see profits soar
- European Commission makes €191 million available to promote agri-food products
ALDI fills the shelves:
Germany: Now an even bigger choice of organic products
In 2018, the companies will focus even more on organic produce and will be adding more than 60 additional items from various product categories to various ranges. With the ecologically produced products, buying organic products for an entire week’s worth of shopping is always possible and at a price that is affordable for everyone. The range will be expanded step by step in the standard as well as the promotional assortment.
"Organic quality at ALDI should not be a question of your wallet," explains Rolf Buyle, managing director for Central Purchasing at ALDI Nord. "We want to offer our customers a large selection of controlled organic food of the best organic, fresh quality at fair prices." That ALDI is on the right track with this strategy, is also shown by the growing share of sales: According to GfK data, ALDI is the market leader in the sales of organic products.
Products in certified organic range
All organic products are certified and uniformly labeled with the green EU organic label. Thus, they comply with the directives and conditions of the current EC Organic Regulation, that essentially revolves around the renunciation of synthetic, chemical pesticides or artificial fertilizers. For many food retail customers, the organic label is the most important indicator of certified organic quality. ALDI regularly verifies its compliance with the requirements, both by means of internal controls and by independent certification bodies, which goes beyond the statutory requirements.
"We put a lot of emphasis on the sustainable and trustworthy production of our goods, and our controls pay particular attention to their origin and quality," says Phillip Skorning, deputy general manager Quality and Corporate Responsibility at ALDI SOUTH. "With the expansion of our organic range, we make our contribution to environmental and animal welfare, because sustainability and careful use of resources are very important for ALDI." The availability of such a large selection of organic products can only be achieved through close and trusted cooperation with the suppliers and the continuous development of private labels.
Source: Aldi Nord / Aldi Süd
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 "More and more Moroccan growers switch due to good demand for organic"
- 2018-11-16 Bananas and tomatoes are the top-selling organic products in Switzerland
- 2018-11-15 More than half of organic vegetables come from local fields
- 2018-11-15 NOS: Volume of Russian market for organic products is €160 million
- 2018-11-14 Arizona-based squash grower announces organic program
- 2018-11-14 "Poland is a leader in conventional apples, so why not in organic apples?"
- 2018-11-12 Switzerland: Sales of organic products are growing strongly
- 2018-11-12 Organic products still on growth track worldwide
- 2018-11-09 "Organic vegetables are an attractive investment"
- 2018-11-08 Switzerland: Organic supermarkets are on the rise
- 2018-11-07 France: Financial support for organic farming is lagging behind
- 2018-11-06 Rising demand for organic asparagus in the global asparagus market
- 2018-11-05 "Organic foods are not safer, and probably not more nutritious either"
- 2018-11-01 Peru: Organic banana production drops in Piura due to the cold
- 2018-11-01 “In ten years the whole of Europe will be eating organic”
- 2018-10-31 Actual cost of organic cauliflower much lower than for conventional produce
- 2018-10-31 Organic products from Lower Saxony on the rise
- 2018-10-31 Organic Grower Summit educational session - "Technology is not Just for Big Ag"
- 2018-10-29 Organic horticultural sector facing the challenge of a growing demand
- 2018-10-29 Chile has already exported more organic products to the EU than last year