- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- Consistent supply of West Coast spinach
- Greece: Kiwi season started, but growers are not harvesting yet
- An American story - man becomes a millionaire by selling potato peelers
- Primland announces its recent IFS Broker certification
- Argentina has potential to export more fruit, but it must improve quality
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
‘One District, One Factory’
Ghana 1D1F project - Ekumfi factory gets 5 million pineapple suckers
Deputy Chief Executive Officer of GEPA Eric Amoako Twum last Wednesday said that his organisation has provided five million pineapple suckers for the EPPF, as part of an effort to sustain the operations of the factory. This has enabled the factory to create 4,000 direct jobs and employ more than 5,000 growers from Agona, Gomoa, Ekumfi and other adjoining districts to supply the EPPF.
Amoako Twum said GEPA had contracted local company Billy Farms to supply the smooth cayenne pineapple suckers needed to the 5,000 smallholder farmers.
He told myjoyonline.com that the government provided 4 million Ghanaian Cedi (700.000 euros) as for the production of pineapple shoots (or ‘suckers’).
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 New Zealand: Kiwifruit sales to boost horticulture exports
- 10/17/2018 Agrumi-Gel starts the pomegranate processing campaign
- 10/17/2018 Scientists to domesticate more varieties of Physalis through genetic editing
- 10/17/2018 ''Tropical fruit and mango season do not overlap too much''
- 10/16/2018 Fiji: Local ginger can compete at international markets
- 10/16/2018 Mexico: Michoacan's avocado production increased by 20%
- 10/16/2018 ''Prices of first Spanish persimmons lower than usual''
- 10/16/2018 Twists and turns in market conditions of Chinese Hongyang kiwis
- 10/16/2018 Italy: Kiwi production is recovering - up 18%
- 10/16/2018 Pakistan: Sindh’s chilli production plagued by water shortages
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Frutas Montosa and the success of guacamole
- 10/16/2018 Asian vegetable trial to determine market & production viability in Texas
- 10/16/2018 Psa confirmed in Australian kiwifruit orchard
- 10/16/2018 Greece: Kiwi season started, but growers are not harvesting yet
- 10/15/2018 Chinese kiwi prices on a roller coaster ride
- 10/15/2018 "Kiwis are going to be a growing crop in Valencia"
- 10/15/2018 South African off-season avocados: “There are a lot of hectares coming”
- 10/15/2018 Mango industry in Australia expected to produce more than 10 million trays
- 10/12/2018 US lifts ban on Peruvian pomegranate arils
- 10/12/2018 "Sichuan kiwifruit aims for European market"