Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
‘One District, One Factory’
Ghana 1D1F project - Ekumfi factory gets 5 million pineapple suckersThrough the Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA), the Ghana government has introduced a number of intervention programmes to sustain the Ekumfi Pineapple Processing Factory, among other sensitive industries.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer of GEPA Eric Amoako Twum last Wednesday said that his organisation has provided five million pineapple suckers for the EPPF, as part of an effort to sustain the operations of the factory. This has enabled the factory to create 4,000 direct jobs and employ more than 5,000 growers from Agona, Gomoa, Ekumfi and other adjoining districts to supply the EPPF.
Amoako Twum said GEPA had contracted local company Billy Farms to supply the smooth cayenne pineapple suckers needed to the 5,000 smallholder farmers.
He told myjoyonline.com that the government provided 4 million Ghanaian Cedi (700.000 euros) as for the production of pineapple shoots (or ‘suckers’).
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: