Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- China: Dragon fruit prices down slightly compared to previous years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
‘One District, One Factory’
Ghana 1D1F project - Ekumfi factory gets 5 million pineapple suckersThrough the Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA), the Ghana government has introduced a number of intervention programmes to sustain the Ekumfi Pineapple Processing Factory, among other sensitive industries.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer of GEPA Eric Amoako Twum last Wednesday said that his organisation has provided five million pineapple suckers for the EPPF, as part of an effort to sustain the operations of the factory. This has enabled the factory to create 4,000 direct jobs and employ more than 5,000 growers from Agona, Gomoa, Ekumfi and other adjoining districts to supply the EPPF.
Amoako Twum said GEPA had contracted local company Billy Farms to supply the smooth cayenne pineapple suckers needed to the 5,000 smallholder farmers.
He told myjoyonline.com that the government provided 4 million Ghanaian Cedi (700.000 euros) as for the production of pineapple shoots (or ‘suckers’).
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: