Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
‘One District, One Factory’
Ghana 1D1F project - Ekumfi factory gets 5 million pineapple suckersThrough the Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA), the Ghana government has introduced a number of intervention programmes to sustain the Ekumfi Pineapple Processing Factory, among other sensitive industries.
Deputy Chief Executive Officer of GEPA Eric Amoako Twum last Wednesday said that his organisation has provided five million pineapple suckers for the EPPF, as part of an effort to sustain the operations of the factory. This has enabled the factory to create 4,000 direct jobs and employ more than 5,000 growers from Agona, Gomoa, Ekumfi and other adjoining districts to supply the EPPF.
Amoako Twum said GEPA had contracted local company Billy Farms to supply the smooth cayenne pineapple suckers needed to the 5,000 smallholder farmers.
He told myjoyonline.com that the government provided 4 million Ghanaian Cedi (700.000 euros) as for the production of pineapple shoots (or ‘suckers’).
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: