Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pakistan restricts imports of commodities without a pest risk analysisThe Department of Plant Protection, Ministry of National Food Security has rejected applications from companies seeking permits to import 45 commodities from different countries, via Dubai. The reason is that the biosecurity risks associated with this route are unknown.
The Department noted that without pest risk analysis, sanitary and phyto-sanitary measures could not be established. After conducting pest risk analyses, it would decide whether to issue the permits for the commodities in question, from the relevant countries.
Customnews.pk reports that these commodities include: button mushroom, cherry tomato, avocado, coloured capsicum, baby corn, baby carrot, asparagus, parsley, white onion, mango, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, dragon fruit, plum, peach, pear, rambutan, mangosteen, coconut, sweet corn, bird’s eye chilli, orange, lemon, onion, carrots, apples, grapefruit, kiwi, dates, coffee, spices, rice, tea, flour, canned fruit, canned vegetables, dry fruit, dry nut, peanut, ground nuts, banana, walnuts, almonds and raisins.
Publication date: 2/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: