Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
RPC pooler offering new digital capabilities and solutionsIFCO, a global provider of reusable packaging solutions for fresh foods, has a long history of providing web-based systems which allow customers to perform all transactions electronically and which provide real-time visibility of stocks and movements of Reusable Plastic Containers (RPCs). The company continues to invest in digitalization and is now launching two new concepts to take its digital capabilities and services to a new level:
a) a new generation of online RPC management system and
b) joint activities with IFCO’s sister company BXB Digital to deploy end-to-end digital technologies for monitoring fresh produce across the supply chain New online RPC management system
As the first element of the next generation of electronic tools, IFCO is launching its state-of-the-art online ordering system, adding innovative features to the MyIFCOTM webclearing system and offering enhanced order management functions for improved customer convenience.
The features of the new system include:
• State-of-the-art technology The increased responsiveness, adaptive interface and mobile application compatibility contribute to an improved user experience. A reliable and stable system environment accounts for maximum security.
• Enhanced functionality The new Upload Order function permits the simultaneous processing of multiple orders, the scheduling of return pick-ups of RPCs according to the customer’s wishes and the use of the track and trace status for all orders and returns. RPC model numbers can be assigned to “favorites” for quick selection, speeding up processes. In addition, the new calendar view shows all outstanding order planning at a glance.
• User-friendly, updated design The functional design supports customer ordering processes, allowing to navigate in an intuitive way and with a minimum number of clicks.
The new functionalities will first become available in Germany, USA and France and be progressively rolled out to other countries during 2018.
Further system components will follow, such as mobile solutions, enhanced RPC demand planning and system integration with our customers to improve RPC demand planning and reduce stocks, amongst others. These components will allow to automate administrative tasks, optimize the planning of the RPC demand and reduce dwell times and RPC stock levels, thus helping to avoid ROC losses and eventually reduce costs.
In parallel, IFCO is planning to launch a pilot project in collaboration with a leading grocery retailer and BXB Digital, provider of data-driven supply chain visibility and logistics solutions. Alongside IFCO, BXB Digital is part of the global supply chain solutions company, Brambles Limited.
The objective of the pilot is to provide end-to-end monitoring of the fresh supply chain, via smart IFCO RPCs that are equipped with devices incorporating sensors. This technology will provide near realtime visibility of the supply chain and assist IFCO customers to improve their demand planning and to make their processes more efficient. This will lead to lower costs, improved product quality, longer shelf life and less food waste. Wolfgang Orgeldinger, CEO of IFCO, said: “We are convinced that our two initiatives have the potential to completely change the way of doing business in the future and that this will provide tremendous value to our customers. As the global market leader in RPC pooling, it is our vision to take the lead in improving supply chains by deploying smart transport packaging solutions. Being part of the Brambles Group and having access to the services of our sister company BXB Digital provides us with unique capabilities to make that vision happen.”
Fruit Logistica in Berlin in hall 20, booth B-17
For more information:
Tel: +49 89 74491-323
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: