- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
RPC pooler offering new digital capabilities and solutions
a) a new generation of online RPC management system and
b) joint activities with IFCO’s sister company BXB Digital to deploy end-to-end digital technologies for monitoring fresh produce across the supply chain New online RPC management system
As the first element of the next generation of electronic tools, IFCO is launching its state-of-the-art online ordering system, adding innovative features to the MyIFCOTM webclearing system and offering enhanced order management functions for improved customer convenience.
The features of the new system include:
• State-of-the-art technology The increased responsiveness, adaptive interface and mobile application compatibility contribute to an improved user experience. A reliable and stable system environment accounts for maximum security.
• Enhanced functionality The new Upload Order function permits the simultaneous processing of multiple orders, the scheduling of return pick-ups of RPCs according to the customer’s wishes and the use of the track and trace status for all orders and returns. RPC model numbers can be assigned to “favorites” for quick selection, speeding up processes. In addition, the new calendar view shows all outstanding order planning at a glance.
• User-friendly, updated design The functional design supports customer ordering processes, allowing to navigate in an intuitive way and with a minimum number of clicks.
The new functionalities will first become available in Germany, USA and France and be progressively rolled out to other countries during 2018.
Further system components will follow, such as mobile solutions, enhanced RPC demand planning and system integration with our customers to improve RPC demand planning and reduce stocks, amongst others. These components will allow to automate administrative tasks, optimize the planning of the RPC demand and reduce dwell times and RPC stock levels, thus helping to avoid ROC losses and eventually reduce costs.
In parallel, IFCO is planning to launch a pilot project in collaboration with a leading grocery retailer and BXB Digital, provider of data-driven supply chain visibility and logistics solutions. Alongside IFCO, BXB Digital is part of the global supply chain solutions company, Brambles Limited.
The objective of the pilot is to provide end-to-end monitoring of the fresh supply chain, via smart IFCO RPCs that are equipped with devices incorporating sensors. This technology will provide near realtime visibility of the supply chain and assist IFCO customers to improve their demand planning and to make their processes more efficient. This will lead to lower costs, improved product quality, longer shelf life and less food waste. Wolfgang Orgeldinger, CEO of IFCO, said: “We are convinced that our two initiatives have the potential to completely change the way of doing business in the future and that this will provide tremendous value to our customers. As the global market leader in RPC pooling, it is our vision to take the lead in improving supply chains by deploying smart transport packaging solutions. Being part of the Brambles Group and having access to the services of our sister company BXB Digital provides us with unique capabilities to make that vision happen.”
Fruit Logistica in Berlin in hall 20, booth B-17
For more information:
Tel: +49 89 74491-323
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 AgroFresh showcases IoT platform for produce freshness
- 10/18/2018 Afresh Technologies uses AI to optimize fresh food stocking
- 10/17/2018 New data loggers introduced at PMA
- 10/16/2018 Dutch fresh produce company hot on Instagram
- 10/09/2018 Port of Dover: Sanderson Group IT solutions chosen for new Refrigerated Cargo Terminal
- 10/09/2018 App prevents heat illness for farm workers
- 10/08/2018 New digital marketing service
- 10/08/2018 Ukraine: Using Bitcoin to pay for carrots and tomatoes in Kiev market
- 10/04/2018 Compac's new sizer simulator aims to improve productivity of packhouses
- 09/28/2018 FlashLink In-Transit Real-Time Mini Logger showcased at WOP Dubai
- 09/27/2018 Software package calculates nutritional value based on recipes
- 09/14/2018 CT Tecnova, wins prize for technological innovation
- 09/06/2018 Iowa based grower transitions to new software
- 09/05/2018 The rise of blockchain technology in agriculture
- 08/29/2018 China: Origin tracing boosts kiwifruit trade
- 08/22/2018 Naturipe teams up with SAP in blockchain initiative
- 08/15/2018 Solution to the headaches caused by IT in the food sector
- 08/08/2018 Prophet keeps track of complexities within fresh produce supply chain
- 08/06/2018 "AU: Digital market "Phoenicia" aims to create greater transparency in supply chain"
- 07/19/2018 Wireless smart farming to keep frost away from citrus