Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Low prices for radicchio
The radicchio market is rather slow, but Geofur keeps on innovating and supplying high-quality products in a packaging that catches the attention of consumers.
Cristiana Furiani from Geofur
"Our turnover increased by 18% in 2017, but this doesn't mean we're resting on our laurels. For example, radicchio prices are rather low at the moment. Sales are lively, but there is a lot of produce available and therefore quotations are not satisfactory," explains Cristiana Furiani.
Geofur will attend Fruit Logistica in Berlin (Hall 2.2 stand C11) to meet current and new clients. Sofia and Massimo Furiani and Melissa Tsvelkova will also be there.
The stand Fruit Logistica 2017
"We will display our colourful crates as well as the new "rosa del Veneto" and "yellow" varieties. In 2018, we will also start producing our radicchio beer, which we presented last year."
Radicchio di Verona Igp
Quality is excellent due to the temperature range between night and day. However, high temperatures in January led to increased productions. This in turn means supply is abundant and the market cannot fully absorb it so prices drop.
"We are very well-structured, so the level of our services is always high. At the same time, services are expensive, so we need to constantly find new commercial outlets."
Via Gallese, 17
37045 Legnago (VR) - Italy
Tel.: (+39) 0442 641344
Fax: (+39) 0442 641426
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: