Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Nufri to expand its refrigerated chambers
Nufri has increased its apple production in recent years, so it will expand its refrigerated storage capacity with 21 new chambers, each with capacity for 300 tonnes (i.e. 63,000 tonnes in total), on 3,521 square metres.
These new chambers will be located inside the existing building, which has 34,277 square metres, in an area currently intended for regular storage, so that neither the surface nor the current volume will be altered.
The fruit and vegetable centre is located in a 1,000 hectare agricultural farm in La Rasa, where about 700 hectares of apple trees have been planted.
The facilities handle the reception, cold storage, handling and shipment of apples. The fruit volume handled by Nufri currently amounts to 22,500 tonnes, with four main varieties, namely Gala (5,000 tonnes), Golden (10,000 tonnes), Red Delicious (2,500 tonnes) and Fuji (5,000 tonnes).
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: