Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Nufri to expand its refrigerated chambers
Nufri has increased its apple production in recent years, so it will expand its refrigerated storage capacity with 21 new chambers, each with capacity for 300 tonnes (i.e. 63,000 tonnes in total), on 3,521 square metres.
These new chambers will be located inside the existing building, which has 34,277 square metres, in an area currently intended for regular storage, so that neither the surface nor the current volume will be altered.
The fruit and vegetable centre is located in a 1,000 hectare agricultural farm in La Rasa, where about 700 hectares of apple trees have been planted.
The facilities handle the reception, cold storage, handling and shipment of apples. The fruit volume handled by Nufri currently amounts to 22,500 tonnes, with four main varieties, namely Gala (5,000 tonnes), Golden (10,000 tonnes), Red Delicious (2,500 tonnes) and Fuji (5,000 tonnes).
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: