- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- More efficient and specific trading with optical sorter
- Celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Van Mierlo Plant
- "Some Polish farmers delay selling their onions, hoping for an even higher price"
- Australia: Queensland's struggling strawberry farmers get creative
- Robbery investigation in southern Spain bears fruit
Top 5 -last month
- Canada ‘yet to realise’ fruit export potential in Europe
- Berry grower marketer celebrates first anniversary of "The Berry That Cares"
- Hurricane Willa is about to touch land in Mexico
- Omani women use cherimoya to develop remedy against hair loss
- Washington's apple seeks to be recognized by Colombian consumers
Top 5 -last week
Western Europe's demand for Polish peppers increasing year on year
Although there are many pepper growers located across Poland, the majority are found in the Radomsko region, covering 600 ha with more than 40 thousand foil tunnels. According to the latest estimates, there are 2,200 growers active in growing peppers in that region.
"Our growers are working hard to increase the area, as well as the production volumes. However, this is not without challenges, with Poland facing a labour shortage in many sectors, especially agriculture. Polish pepper producers are reluctant to form cooperatives or producer groups, which would give these producers an opportunity to develop. Interaction in these entities would could also facilitate the process of pepper distribution and thus would overall contribute to the growth of pepper sector," shared Agnieszka Arcimowicz from Targban.
"This is why Targban has been cooperating with smaller producers. We have been purchasing most of their production, along with providing modern logistics and an experienced quality control department, in order to ensure traceability and consistency. We are constantly working together, to improve the quality of the capsicum supplies for our export markets."
Around 50% of peppers produced in Poland are used for processing, 20% of production is sold on the market and 30% of the production is selected for export - due to the later maturing period.
"Polish peppers help fill the supply gap on the EU market and we have noticed that demand from our Western European clients has been increasing year by year. We are interested in expanding our export program this year and are looking to enter new markets, with an eye on Italy and France and Finland. We want to offer more mixed trucks, which can work well for wholesale markets. Some other vegetables we offer, such as zucchini and aubergine, transport well with the bell peppers. There were some shortage issues with zuchinni last year, but we expect increased production this year," concludes Agnieszka.
For more information:
Tel: +48 22 48 14 804
Fax: +48 22 48 14 801
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-21 Algeria: prices continue to soar
- 2018-11-21 "Good quality of US sweet potatoes surprised me, considering the weather"
- 2018-11-21 Spain: Huelva betting on asparagus for crop diversification
- 2018-11-21 Mexico: Tomato exports to the USA are in danger
- 2018-11-21 Japan: Seven-Eleven to set up LED lettuce growing facility
- 2018-11-21 Economics of mushroom production
- 2018-11-21 Growing guide 'Mushroom Signals' gets a Chinese release
- 2018-11-21 Turkey: Tomato prices start to rise again
- 2018-11-20 Israeli bell pepper producer eyeballing niche markets
- 2018-11-20 Shortage of tomatoes in US market
- 2018-11-19 “Proper sales peaks are seen less and less”
- 2018-11-19 "Fresh mushroom market has great potential for growth in Spain"
- 2018-11-19 China: Potato demand remains weak
- 2018-11-19 “Persian cucumber demanded by Europe”
- 2018-11-16 Russia: White cabbage prices up by an average of 20%
- 2018-11-16 High prices for cucumbers and aubergines
- 2018-11-16 Mexico wants to increase vegetable exports to China
- 2018-11-16 Mini cherry vine tomatoes at Penny in new Best Moments packaging
- 2018-11-16 Tomato suspension agreement between US Department of Commerce and Mexican tomato growers remains in effect
- 2018-11-15 Italy: Outlook for the courgette campaign