- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Becoming third largest orange exporter to China
Egypt’s citrus farms prosper due to Chinese demand
In fact, Egypt, famous for producing sweet juicy oranges, has become the third largest exporter of citrus to China after South Africa and the United States. In 2015, export to China was just over 23,000 tons. It then increased to more than 36,000 tons in 2016, only to exceed 101,000 tons in 2017.
Han Bing, economic and commercial counsellor at China's Embassy in Cairo, noted that Egypt's orange exports to China hit $20 million in 2015 and sharply increased to $80 million in 2016. “The Chinese market is big, open and highly-competitive. Our imports from all over the world will reach 10 trillion dollars in the next five years," Hang told Xinhua.
He said he expected to see a further increase in the exports of Egyptian agricultural products to China in the future. "We help Egyptians improve the quality of products to reach our import standards and we expect to see more Egyptian agricultural products in the Chinese market."
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 First Oronule clementines arrive in UK this weekend
- 10/19/2018 OP Red CoP starts the Limone Primofiore marketing campaign
- 10/19/2018 "The harvest schedule of Spanish citrus could change in the future"
- 10/19/2018 Spain: "Citrus fruits overcome productive dip of previous campaign"
- 10/19/2018 China: Guang'an lemon exports to Indonesia for the first time
- 10/19/2018 China drives record season for Australian citrus growers
- 10/18/2018 Sunkist launching marketing programs
- 10/18/2018 US: Citrus canker spreads through Louisiana
- 10/17/2018 "Going for China without good planning just because it pays well is very risky"
- 10/17/2018 Texas grapefruit grower launches new trade newsletter
- 10/17/2018 Citrus shipper launches limited edition label for Florida citrus
- 10/17/2018 US: Asian citrus psyllids found in Kern County
- 10/16/2018 Late Southern Hemisphere mandarins pushing Spain's earliest ones away from the market
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Good prospects in terms of volume for Castellon's citrus fruits
- 10/16/2018 China: Price differential between domestic and imported fruit shrinking
- 10/16/2018 China: Shiyan mandarins on the market in the next two weeks
- 10/16/2018 North American lemon supplies return to normal
- 10/15/2018 USDA Citrus forecast October
- 10/15/2018 Australian orange exports increasing
- 10/15/2018 Citrus Research Board announces interim president