Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
To drive kids’ fresh produce consumption
Eat brighter!™ initiative extended through 2021
The eat brighter! initiative, which leverages the strength and influence of the Sesame Street brand and characters to increase fresh produce consumption, has been extended through 2021. Produce Marketing Association (PMA), Partnership For A Healthier America (PHA), and Sesame Workshop (the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street) launched eat brighter! in 2013, featuring characters like Big Bird, Elmo, and Abby Cadabby on produce packaging and store signage to inspire children and families to choose fresh fruits and vegetables.
“We are pleased to continue our partnership with Sesame Workshop and the PHA to extend the eat brighter! movement, which is a key component of PMA’s demand creation activities to grow a healthier world,” said PMA CEO Cathy Burns. “Our members have welcomed this opportunity to serve their customers and consumers in general with delicious, healthful produce as they build produce consumers for life.”
Scores of PMA members have joined the eat brighter! initiative since its inception. Retailers in the United States, Canada and Mexico can participate, as well as suppliers and promotional organizations worldwide that supply those retailers. The initiative has gained national publicity through outreach from the three partners.
“We are excited to extend eat brighter! through 2021 and to continue working with the produce industry to encourage healthy habits for kids and their families,” said Gabriela Arenas, Vice President of North America Licensing for Sesame Workshop.
Affordable for all companies, participants use images of popular Sesame Street characters to appeal to kids age 2–5 and their families and drive produce consumption. Suppliers report sales increases, and retailers and promotion boards have observed eat brighter! materials creating excitement in the produce department.
"We have proven again that making nutritious foods affordable and available is what American families want. We applaud the retailers and distributors participating in the eat brighter! campaign — and your savvyness is paying dividends for your bottom line and for children's health," said Nancy E. Roman, President and CEO, Partnership for a Healthier America.
The eat brighter! initiative offers turnkey graphics and marketing materials to make it easy for any fresh produce company to join and succeed.
For more information:
Produce Marketing Association
+1 (302) 781-5852
Publication date: 2/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: