Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Xiamen remains China's largest port for Taiwanese fruit imports
The Xiamen Office for Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine recently stated that Xiamen port imported more than 40 thousand tons of fruit from Taiwan last year. The import value was 63.89 million USD. Xiamen has been China's largest port for fruit import from Taiwan for the last 10 years. The overall fruit import of Xiamen port last year adds up to 76.2 thousand tons with a value of more than 100 million USD. Apart from Taiwan, Xiamen also imports fruit from Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, and Ecuador.
An employee of the Xiamen Office pointed out that although Taiwan currently accounts for 60% of Xiamen port fruit import, the share of other countries is growing fast. The import volume and value last year increased by 16% and 16% respectively in comparison with 2016. In the same period, however, fruit imports from Taiwan only increased by 3.8% and 12% respectively. This is below the overall growth of fruit import.
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: