- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Make your own´veggie pattie´ packs launched in Sweden
"We started to sell the patties online last week and they have had a fantastic start! They will be in physical stores in Sweden from week 6, followed by Denmark and Finland in the weeks to follow. One of our employees came up with the idea, and after that, we put a lot of work into making the right combination to make the tastiest pattie," shared Anette Dremo from Dole.
The company is rolling out two flavour combinations, Kale, broccoli, chickpea flour and pumpkin seeds and another with Savoy cabbage, beetroot, cauliflower, kale, chickpea flour and sunflower seeds. Each package contains enough ingredients to make four patties, it is up to the customer to add two eggs and whatever seasonings they would like to go with it. The packs are great for people on the go, only taking around 2 minutes on each side to cook.
"It´s a really versatile product. I want to stress that this is something for everyone, not just vegetarians. Along with adding your own seasonings, consumers can also choose to add meat or fish to the patties, there are countless options. We have also included recipes on our websites if they are in need of inspiration," continued Anette.
"We are really excited about this new product, which we will be showing at this year's Fruit Logistica in Berlin. We conducted consumer taste tests here in Sweden, against pre-made veggie patties and we won the taste test hands down. The people who tried them said that they could taste the freshness, and they also appreciated the extra crunch that the freshly cooked vegetables have. It is also a very healthy option, with only pure ingredients and no additives or salt."
For more information:
Dole Fresh Cuts / Saba Fresh Cuts AB
Tel: +46 42 24 96 79
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 Onions: high prices and a 'wait-and-see' market
- 10/16/2018 Advantages of the Mater-Bi mulch film for processing tomatoes
- 10/04/2018 Mushrooms are the summer surprise: an increase in consumption
- 09/21/2018 Frigga: New product launch conference at Hong Kong Asian Fruit and Vegetable Exhibition
- 07/19/2018 China: Price of most agricultural products showed a downward trend in first half of the year
- 04/10/2018 New technology for post-harvest treatment of avocados
- 03/30/2018 Solution to prevent blotchy ripening in tomatoes
- 03/23/2018 Europe: Tomatoes most popular vegetable - bananas most-loved fruit
- 02/21/2018 France: Traces of pesticide in 75% of vegetables and 41% of fruits
- 02/05/2018 What is the decisive factor when buying fresh produce?
- 02/02/2018 Make your own´veggie pattie´ packs launched in Sweden
- 02/01/2018 Interko launches new ripening room product
- 01/26/2018 Extra crispy dehydrated fruit and veg snacks
- 01/12/2018 Innovation and biotechnology applied to the field
- 01/08/2018 China: New type of single-use PDF temperature recorder to hit market soon
- 11/21/2017 Spain: Mango-flavoured gin created in Andalusia
- 10/11/2017 "Spain: "Use your time to enjoy fruit, not to peel it"
- 07/05/2017 Spain: Anti-humidity filter for the absorption of ethylene in trucks and warehouses
- 06/23/2017 Snack food manufacturer launches new peanut and fruit snack products
- 06/15/2017 Are there too many kinds of tomatoes in German shops?