Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Make your own´veggie pattie´ packs launched in SwedenAfter a brainstorming session, Dole in Sweden came up with a new concept which puts a whole new twist on do it yourself. Now consumers can make their own veggie patties to suit their own personal tastes, but also so they may know all the ingredients which are going into what they eat.
"We started to sell the patties online last week and they have had a fantastic start! They will be in physical stores in Sweden from week 6, followed by Denmark and Finland in the weeks to follow. One of our employees came up with the idea, and after that, we put a lot of work into making the right combination to make the tastiest pattie," shared Anette Dremo from Dole.
The company is rolling out two flavour combinations, Kale, broccoli, chickpea flour and pumpkin seeds and another with Savoy cabbage, beetroot, cauliflower, kale, chickpea flour and sunflower seeds. Each package contains enough ingredients to make four patties, it is up to the customer to add two eggs and whatever seasonings they would like to go with it. The packs are great for people on the go, only taking around 2 minutes on each side to cook.
"It´s a really versatile product. I want to stress that this is something for everyone, not just vegetarians. Along with adding your own seasonings, consumers can also choose to add meat or fish to the patties, there are countless options. We have also included recipes on our websites if they are in need of inspiration," continued Anette.
"We are really excited about this new product, which we will be showing at this year's Fruit Logistica in Berlin. We conducted consumer taste tests here in Sweden, against pre-made veggie patties and we won the taste test hands down. The people who tried them said that they could taste the freshness, and they also appreciated the extra crunch that the freshly cooked vegetables have. It is also a very healthy option, with only pure ingredients and no additives or salt."
For more information:
Dole Fresh Cuts / Saba Fresh Cuts AB
Tel: +46 42 24 96 79
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
|7/19/2018||China: Price of most agricultural products showed a downward trend in first half of the year|