Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
60 percent of Albanian vegetables destined for EU marketsThe majority of Albania's exports to foreign markets and European Union member states consists of vegetables and other agricultural products, according to a statement by Albania's State Statistical Office last Tuesday.
According to the data from this institute, vegetables are giving a new impetus to the country's export figures. Data also showed that in 2017, Albania's agro-food products reached a total value of 31.4 billion Lek (292.7 million dollars), up by over 5.2 billion Lek compared year-on-year.
Xinhuanet.com featured an article reporting on the Albanian Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development seeing that the progressive growth trend in exports is registering record figures. This is mainly due to the high external demand for Albanian fresh fruits and vegetables, including tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, citrus and more.
Meanwhile, the total volume of Albanian agricultural trade in 2017 amounted to 145.7 billion Lek, registering a growth of 8.2% compared with 2016. The Agriculture Ministry has also approved a fund worth 20 million euros that will be used to subsidise farmers and increase agricultural exports.
Publication date: 2/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: