Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Agro-exports to reach $7 billion in 2018In 2018, Peruvian agro-exports will total some $7 billion. The main destination will most probably be the Asian market. This is according to a projection by the Agriculture and Irrigation Ministry.
Minister Jose Arista: "This year, agro-exports will reach US$7 billion, thus registering a growth rate of 8%.” He pointed out that last year, the largest growth was seen for the following products: coffee ($700 million), blueberries ($400 million), and avocados as well.
According to Andina.com, the Minister also highlighted the need for agricultural producers to diversify their production and conquer new international markets. Larger shipments of blueberries, as well as more dynamic avocado exports to Asian markets -particularly China- will probably drive the 2017 agro-export numbers to a total of $6.3 billion.
Publication date: 2/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: